View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 11:18   #42
Gruzzen
Quiet Professional

Eagle5US,

Don't get me wrong, I understand the level and type of training that we are given as 18D. I highly value it, as it's the first thing I've done that's truly challenged me. I completely understand the amount of responsibility placed on the Deltas.

I'm not looking for the Delta course to be shortened, if anything I think there are alot of parts of it that are rushed. There would be nothing wrong with extending the 18D course for another 6-8 weeks.

The Reaper,

I apologize if I come across as a whiny kid, that was not my intent. In answer to your question, yes, I know I can lead a squad/company size element. There is no doubt in my mind that I have the capability to do it.

I've been recommended for promotion twice to E5 by those in charge of me. Both times my packet has been kicked back and the reasoning was "Your an Xray. We dont' promote Xrays". Meanwhile, I've seen RA spec 4's get promoted to E5, who couldn't lead their way out of a paper bag. Surprisingly, none of those soldiers are in the Q anymore.

Currently, there are mass promotions for all E4's to E5 being handed out to those that finish their MOS training. This is not happening with the 18D. As an 18D candidate who's finished my MOS training, I believe I have the right to ask why that is not occuring with the 18D's. The fact that I'm also an X-ray is coincidental.

Surprisingly, most X-rays, that are quality guys, are not here for the money, or the rank. The lack of promotions while in the Q, and the BS that we put up with for simply being an X-ray, are not going to change our minds about where we want to be and what we want to do.

Gruzzen
Gruzzen is offline   Reply With Quote