View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 12:36   #16
RPicart
Asset

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well.

I have the following books to give away or exchange, so if any of you are interested please let me know via PM and I'll get them in the post ASAP.

1) Long Way Down by Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman

Synopsis
"After their fantastic trip round the world in 2004, fellow actors and bike fanatics Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman couldn't shake the travel bug. And after an inspirational UNICEF visit to Africa, they knew they had to go back and experience this extraordinary continent in more depth. And so they set off on their 15,000-mile journey with two new BMWs loaded up for the trip. Joining up with producer/directors Russ Malkin and David Alexanian and the Long Way Round team, their route took them from John O'Groats at the northernmost tip of Scotland to Cape Agulhas on the southernmost tip of South Africa. Riding through spectacular scenery, often in extreme temperatures, Ewan and Charley faced their hardest challenges yet. With their trademark humour and honesty they tell their story, the drama, the dangers and the sheer exhilaration of riding together again, through a continent filled with magic and wonder." - Amazon

2) Charlie Wilson's War: The Story of the Largest Covert Operation in History by George Crile

Synopsis
"In the last decade, two events have transformed the world: the collapse of the Soviet Union and the rise of militant Islam. This is the first book to explain the link between these two occurrences. George Crile spent nearly a decade researching and writing this original account of the biggest, most expensive secret war in history: the arming of the Afghan resistance to Soviet occupation. Moving from the secret chambers in CIA headquarters to stand-offs in the Khyber Pass, Charlie Wilson's "War" is one of the most thorough and vivid descriptions of CIA operations ever written. It is the missing chapter in the geopolitics of our time." - Amazon
RPicart is offline   Reply With Quote