View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 20:41   #4
Books
Quiet Professional

I'd like to add one that I'm experiencing now: never be afraid to ask educated questions about what you're doing to insure you get the absolute most out of your training. Some of the training the Q has to offer is ONLY offered at SWTG and it comes to you very fast and then you move on. Sometimes you have the luxury of being well rested and enjoying the company of your peers. Other times you been lucky to average two - three hours a night for the last few weeks and you can't stand the sh_t head next to you (who just last week was yr best bud). Anger and frustration at your sometimes crappy situation should not preclude your getting the best training possible.

The next time you see the material might be down range and you don't want that time to be the moment when you say, "now how did I finish up this emergency amputation?" (10 ltrs NaCL, wet/dry, bulky dressing, traction on skin, move to higher if possible, granulation if not)

Training is a two-way street. The NCOs and a few Os teach you; you learn. Your involvement in that process is part and parcel of the phenomenon that is education. Essentially, one plus one equals five, or, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. You're one of those parts (as are your fellow students) and the better student you are, the better the experience will be for everyone.

So there it is: Be an involved, committed student of your chosen profession. Don't be afraid to ask questions, listen to the answers and drive on to the next objective.

Good luck!
Books

- Jack Moroney