View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 01:36   #34
Atilla
Asset

TR,

Sir I understand that being a G will in no way give me a leg up I was just interested because it seemed like a great way to get some further training in how to think outside the box. Whether or not it helps me on paper I know it would help me to be a better leader.

Sleepyhead,

Sir I understand what you are saying about being about it and not seeing about it. "Speak softly and carry a big stick". I do know I have a lot to do before 18A is on my immediate list of shit to worry about. I don't want any of you gentlemen to misunderstand me. My main focus right now is doing my best in ROTC and to stack the deck in my favor through hard work to get the branch I want (Infantry) and to learn as much as I can from the excellent cadre I have to make the transition from good NCO to good PL. The reason my 18A ambitions are so evident in my posts here is that it deals directly with you gentlemen and that this is where I know I can go to increase my SA on my long range goal which I like to keep good and current intel on so that when the time does come for me to fire for effect I am as educated and properly armed/equipped as I can be. On the school issue, at this point as I mentioned I'll take what I can get and be happy for it. At the end of the day cool schools are not the point, the point for me is to be ready and able to take men to combat and stack the deck in their favor by setting them up for success, leading them competently, and doing everything I can to make sure that they all come home even if that means giving up my life for theirs. 18A is my secondary goal, with the primary being striving to be the best officer I can be in whatever task I am assigned by the Army. Hopefully if I do that the rest will take care of itself and I will get a chance to join you gents and take up the banner of a very distinguished and hallowed group of professionals.

As always thank you gents for your guidance.

Sgt. Atilla