Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   PT/ H2H (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Blitz only Thread (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24099)

dac 10-02-2009 14:46

Now that I have increased the weights my forearms are having a hard time keeping up with the rest. By the end of my third circuit they are burning and it's hard to hang on for 80 rows.

Blitzzz (RIP) 10-04-2009 09:36

A physics question.

I'll start with ageneral question to anyone who does physics.
I have recieeved a few comments from some Blitz users about experiencing some mild DOMS with their Blitzing.

If done correctly there is no DOMS. Since the formulas for determining to starting weights were created with resistance cable type machines ther may be an unaccounted for weight increase with free weights while attaining the velocity of Blitzing.
The weight/resistance gains would be at the ends of the exercise excursion while redirecting the force ( the plyometric effect)

IE. a 100# weight returning down on a brench press must decelerate to zero and accelerate up again. that deceleration/acceleration point may increase resistance .
My question is by what %?

Anybody?

ThatDudeOrion 10-05-2009 10:41

Blitzzz,
Could you provide an explanation of primary, secondary, and tertiary muscle fibers? I'm familiar with the breakdown of type 1 and type 2a/2b fibers, but I don't know anything about the tertiary fibers which you stress in your program, and I would like to learn. Thanks for your time.

Blitzzz (RIP) 10-05-2009 13:24

Additional comment...

Tha Type 1 and 2a an 2b you speak of are each prioritized in 1,2 ,3rd for recruitment purposes.
So within each bundle you have Primary Type 1, secondary type 1 and tertiary type 1s. same for type 2a and 2bs

zippy 10-07-2009 19:51

Effects of Blitz on the APFT

Dave,
Got over the flu, getting back on the Blitz...It was rolling very well...until the bug but me...
I know that you've posted something about the effect of the Blitz on run times, but for the life of me, I can't find post. From your experience with the program, what kind of results have you seen with those you've rehabed using Blitz and their PT scores when they return to duty.

Thanks Dave. You are appreciated.

Blitzzz (RIP) 10-07-2009 23:54

Referencing running...

I may have mentioned that a couple of the rehabed guys came back to the clinic to let us know they had Maxed the run and one of those guys had not run in a year and hlf. great cardio and muscle endurance did them well.

Fletch 10-12-2009 07:03

First off, I would like to apologize for the long interval of silence. Right after day 1 of my Blitz, midterms hit and my priorities run Grades, PT, ROTC. This meant Blitzing, as I had it as an afternoon workout, was out the window for 2 weeks. Then we had a fall break, which put me out of town for most of last week. So now, here I am again on what I consider day 1 of my Blitz. I no longer have other obligations during morning PT, so I was able to drop it for 100 percent Blitzing every monday, wednesday, friday at 5:30. I felt kind of crappy this morning, so I feel my results were a little lower than they could have been. Also, I was beginning to get the acidic burps that precede puking so I decided to call it at 2 reps for this workout.

Exercise - Weight - Goal Reps - Reps - Reps

High Row - 100# - 80 - 64 - 60 //The weight increase was a mistake on misreading goal reps for weight, but I did it the first set so I did it again 2nd set :D

Rows - 50# - 88 - 76 - 42

Iso Wide Chest 50# - 84 - 70 - 60

Leg Press - 90# - 100 - 62 - 82 //The first set I did, the machine felt really awkward to me, which accounted for low reps. Took goal reps from 2nd set.

Bicep Curls - 45# - 60 - 46 - 42 //Does this weight need to be lowered?

Heel Raises - 90# - 120 - 96 - 80

Wrist Curls - 20# - 80 - 66 - 58

Reverse Wrist Curls - 20# - 84 - 56 - 46

Blitzzz (RIP) 10-12-2009 15:23

A quick rundown....

Quote:

Originally Posted by
without knowing yor Goal Reps it's difficult to give a honest eval, but here goes:
Exercise - Weight - Reps - Reps

High Row - 100# - 64 - 60 //The weight increase was a mistake on misreading goal reps for weight,but I did it the first set so I did it again 2nd set :D
[COLOR="SeaGreen"
----Even at this weight I doubt you'd be sore with reps this high [/COLOR]
Rows - 50# - 76 - 42 ----big drop in second circuit just lets you know your endurance level (low)

Iso Wide Chest - 50# - 70 - 60 ---Looks normal

Leg Press - 90# - 62 - 82 //The first set I did, the machine felt really awkward to me, which accounted for low reps.
You know what you did here.

Bicep Curls - 45# - 46 - 42 //Does this weight need to be lowered?
What was your goal reps here. if this low then yes reconfigue stsrt weight.
Heel Raises - 90# - 96 - 80 ---Good to go, keep working for endurance

Wrist Curls - 20# - 66 - 58 Looks ok don't know you goal reps

Reverse Wrist Curls - 20# - 56 - 46

-- Looks ok don't know you goal reps

Remember that no changes should be made until your doing 3 circuits.

Fletch 10-13-2009 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 288659)
-- Looks ok don't know you goal reps

Remember that no changes should be made until your doing 3 circuits.

I updated it to show goal reps. Sorry that I forgot to post them the first time. Tomorrow morning, I will have new results that should be a clear picture of whether me just feeling out of it resulted in the low reps on biceps, or if I am doing too much weight.

Also, do I set goal reps each day or do I use the first day's goal reps until I meet them?

Blitzzz (RIP) 10-13-2009 15:59

Goal reps..

The name Goal is the first clue.. Goal reps are established the first and are not likely to change. They are determined by you max speed the first 15 sec of the first day each exercise. They are your "GOAL" for rep speed it usually takes about 4 or five work days to reach and thenyou work toward three circuits..

A note to all...I'll be away for a week so ask Milon any exercise questions.

Fletch 10-14-2009 07:05

Day 2 came along, and it seems like I will be lowering my weight on my Bicep Curls...

Exercise - Weight - Goal Reps - Reps - Reps

High Row - 100# - 80 - 67 - 45

Row - 50# - 88 - 72 - 57

Isolat Wide Chest - 50# - 84 - 65 - 61

Leg Press - 90# - 100 - 85 - 87

Bicep Curls - 45# - 60 - 44 - 32

Heel Raises - 90# - 120 - 105 - 82

Wrist Curls - 20# - 80 - 68 - 53

Reverse Wrist Curls - 20# - 84 - 59 - 42

Blitzzz (RIP) 10-21-2009 07:41

When to start the third circuit

Fletch . now having seen you goal rep to exercise reps <i should suggest remaining with two circuits until your first circuit reaches goal rep speeds. Then add the Third circuit. Doing well , hang in there.

Blitzzz (RIP) 10-29-2009 22:27

Need to know how it's going...

Ther's well over a hundred guys out there attempting the blitz system and i'd really like to know how others of you are doing. OK guys PM or Post...Thanks Dave

kecn 11-07-2009 08:38

Day 1

Started my first day today. My body is feeling pretty fatigued after this, but my mind feels energized. I felt as if I was doing some hard sprints after each exercise which I liked.

As for my body size, I'm 5'11'' and weight about 145lbs.

Exercise | Weight |Reps|
-------------------------------
Lat Pulls | 60 | 40
Seated Rows | 50 | 49
Chest Press | 70 | 29----I added way to much weight to this.
Half Squats | 65 | 50
Hamstring Curls | 35 | 43
Bicep Curls | 20 | 53
Calf Raises | 240 | 80
Leg Extensions | 50 | 58

For the most part everything felt good. I used a lot of stacked weights which definitely made me slow down a lot on the Lat Pulls, Bicep Curls, Leg Ext. and the Hamstring Curls. I am going to look into finding a different place to try this workout at. I took a look at the Tower 200, and was wondering if anyone gave this a try yet?

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-07-2009 09:34

Nice start kecn

At first glance iwold think you need to reloook you start weights, if they are correct then It's probably the machines that retard rep speed and that can't be helped some times
As to the Tower 200 I believe it to be a good option, also the Terrel Owens band system looks to be a little more measures.

You seem to be on top of it as you can tell by the fact of your note about too much weight in the lat pulls.

Keep on and let me know if I can assist with anything Blitz.

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-07-2009 09:44

Equipment up date

The Terrell Owen "Bodylastics system (and I'm not pushing products) givs a calibrated band system that looks very god for this system,

It come with 1 Yellow Elastic - 5 lbs. of resistance, 1 Green Elastic - 7 lbs. of resistance, 1 Red Elastic - 13 lbs. of resistance, 1 Blue Elastic - 19 lbs of resistance, 1 Black Elastic - 23 lbs. of resistance, 2 Orange Elastics - 30 lbs of resistance, each.

I'll research the other system and reply here in an edit. Dave
These systems should go easily in the team rooms of each team..Agreat sourse of exercise equipment.

First uo date on Tower 200- It's not as calabrated as the Bodylastic- the Tower 200 has two 25-pound cords, two 35-pound cords, and two 40-pound cords. To get 200 pounds of resistance, you would utilize all six Power Cords at once, but you can work out with as little as 25 lbs. resistance if you only connect one of the 25-pound Power Cords to your hand grip or ankle strap.
For prices it may be advantagous to combine the systems...?

abc_123 11-24-2009 07:05

New Start - Day 1

Ok, Blitz. As promised. Let's have your comments. If you recommend adding/deleting exercises, changing weights etc. let me have it and I'll roll with it.

Day 1 1RM test and 1 circuit.

Exercise Data:

Exercise - wt /Goal / TTL Reps

Lat Pull - 70# / 20 / 60

Bench - 45# / 15 / 45

Leg Press - 180# / 20 / 52 - Should have done 90# but I loaded 90# on each side! I need a mulligan on this. Willl drop to 90# and try again

Calf Raise - 180# / 38 / 62 - Just used the same weight as the leg press, so I wouldn't have to change the weights and gave it a shot

Curls (one-arm) - 25# / 16 / 54

Leg Curls - 30 # / 12 / 40 - I can't figure out how to do this given the equipment that I have available. The leverage machines have a spring that slows rep speed, and the laying leg curl machine that I used just won't return fast enough. I was bouncing the weight off of my ass and this is as fast as I can go. Now what??

Lat Pull Ab Crunch - I tried this, and must be doing somethign wrong. Speed not there.. Any alternative ab exercise that I could use? I was thinking about just doing body weight sit-ups or something....

Total Time to comeplete Circuit (from 1st rep of 1st exercise, UTC): 40min

What I found out:

1. My strength is ok. My strength endurance sucks - ( I already knew this)
2. I need to adjust my weight on some of these exercises for next time.
3. Machines limit speed on some exercises...maybe need to choose alternate exercises? --- Specifically Leg Curls and Abs
4. Having a parter would really be helpful.
5. I need a better system to time myself (and a better timer)
6. A Crowded gym and circuit training don't mix.

Coments:

I tried to time myself with my watch. Not a suunto with big numbers, but a casual watch with a little, teeny-tiny digital stop watch. I had to slow my reps to look at my watch. SO, I probably across the board could have gotten 1-2 more reps in my first 15 seconds and then maybe bumped my TTL reps per excercise by 5 or so. What I reported below is what I actually did.

The bench and lat pull were done on bi-lateral leverage-type machines. The leg press was done on a standard plate-loaded seated leg press machine wher you sit in it and press up at a 45deg angle. Curls and leg curls were done on a standard cable machine...however I did the curls one arm at a time.

I can see issues with people jumping in and homesteading on one of the machines somwhere when I'm trying to complete multiple circuits. I got lucky in that someone jumped onto the leg press machine just as I started but I was able to jump in when it came time for me to use it.

I am only a tiny bit sore. Biceps a little bit and legs a little more than that. Probaby from the 1RM testing and the fact that i use 2x the weight on leg presses than I should have!

I left the gym feeling like I really didn't do enough. Don't get me wrong, I worked as hard as I could to get the mediocre results below, but in total the volume of work was nowhere near what I woudl consider to be "hard" .

zeke 11-24-2009 09:02

abc_123,
I've been running into the same issues as you with the leg press and hamstring press machines at the gym not being able to keep up the pace. I have been doing back extension exercises instead of crunches since I do different core strengthening routines on different days.

I also had the same issue with losing a couple of reps on each exercise by looking at my watch. I'm only about 3 weeks into it but I'm able to keep 3 cycles of 7 exercises at about the same reps, but don't feel very tired after an hour workout (even if I add 1/2 hour of stationary bike).

I have noticed my pushups increasing by about 2-5 reps a week though. :lifter

People at the gym sure look at you funny when your writing down rep counts and weight amounts during a workout.

No soreness the next day or two is nice.

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-24-2009 09:21

I'll answer for all who read this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc_123 (Post 298100)
Ok, Blitz. As promised. Let's have your comments. If you recommend adding/deleting exercises, changing weights etc. let me have it and I'll roll with it.

Day 1 1RM test and 1 circuit.

Exercise Data:

Exercise - wt /Goal / TTL Reps
(if the second number you list is your first 15 sec, then your goal reps will be :)
Lat Pull - 70# / 20 / 60...(80)

Bench - 45# / 15 / 45...(60)

Leg Press - 180# / 20 / 52 -...(80) Should have done 90# but I loaded 90# on each side! I need a mulligan on this. Willl drop to 90# and try again

Calf Raise - 180# / 38 / 62...(152) - Just used the same weight as the leg press, so I wouldn't have to change the weights and gave it a shot

Curls (one-arm) - 25# / 16 / 54...(64) Question: Did you one arm curl 75#?

Leg Curls - 30 # / 12 / 40...(48) These are going to seem slower based on a 140 degree movement arch. You might try this one standing Single leg on a cable colum if they have one.- I can't figure out how to do this given the equipment that I have available. The leverage machines have a spring that slows rep speed, and the laying leg curl machine that I used just won't return fast enough. I was bouncing the weight off of my ass and this is as fast as I can go. Now what??

Lat Pull Ab Crunch - I tried this, and must be doing somethign wrong. Speed not there.. Any alternative ab exercise that I could use? I was thinking about just doing body weight sit-ups or something....
On ab curls the movement excursion is only a short crunchof about 3 inches. Do not bend at the waist....
Total Time to comeplete Circuit (from 1st rep of 1st exercise, UTC): 40min

What I found out:

1. My strength is ok. My strength endurance sucks - ( I already knew this)
Answer; No determination on endurance can be made with one circuit and no changes until you're doing 3 circuits...

2. I need to adjust my weight on some of these exercises for next time.
Answer: Just insure you are 1/3 of your 1RM. you can decrees by 5% as needed.
3. Machines limit speed on some exercises...maybe need to choose alternate exercises? --- Specifically Leg Curls and Abs
Answer: Addressed above. rep speeds are based on about 400 degrees per second. therefore some exercises will seem slower than others EX 90degree leg extension vs. 140 degree ham curls. Check again the Blitz only thread, it's addressed there.
4. Having a parter would really be helpful.
Answer: Very much so...someone to cound reps and adid in setting up next station.

5. I need a better system to time myself (and a better timer)
Answer: At Ft campbell we used digital egg timers. just punch in one munute and press go and stop with buzzer or bell...works great. check a few before buying.

6. A Crowded gym and circuit training don't mix.
Answer: This is why a buddy or two comes in handy...to run off the other muscle heads chatting around and bragging about their lifts LOL.

Coments:

I tried to time myself with my watch. Not a suunto with big numbers, but a casual watch with a little, teeny-tiny digital stop watch. I had to slow my reps to look at my watch. SO, I probably across the board could have gotten 1-2 more reps in my first 15 seconds and then maybe bumped my TTL reps per excercise by 5 or so. What I reported below is what I actually did.

The bench and lat pull were done on bi-lateral leverage-type machines. The leg press was done on a standard plate-loaded seated leg press machine wher you sit in it and press up at a 45deg angle. Curls and leg curls were done on a standard cable machine...however I did the curls one arm at a time.
Answer: Comfort with your exercises wil aid in smoothness and speed. you're looking ok.

I can see issues with people jumping in and homesteading on one of the machines somwhere when I'm trying to complete multiple circuits. I got lucky in that someone jumped onto the leg press machine just as I started but I was able to jump in when it came time for me to use it.

I am only a tiny bit sore. Biceps a little bit and legs a little more than that. Probaby from the 1RM testing and the fact that i use 2x the weight on leg presses than I should have!

I left the gym feeling like I really didn't do enough. Don't get me wrong, I worked as hard as I could to get the mediocre results below, but in total the volume of work was nowhere near what I woudl consider to be "hard" .

Answer; Not to worry here, it gets better quicker when you do more circuits.
Don't mix other sytems with this one for the best results, they will slow you down and the results of this one will astound you. Dave

abc_123 11-24-2009 10:07

Yeah Roger... the second number was my 15 second time. Sorry. "GOAL Reps" would be that second number x 4.

I understand the concept, just misstated.

The curl 1RM testing was done one arm at a time and I pulled up 120# on the machine that I was using.... SO, 25 #/arm is correct.

Ok, based upon your comments, I'll just roll with what I've got next workout as my weights are 20% of my 1RM (+- 1lb). I just have a feeling that my second circuit numbers may be a bit ugly...:)

Probably not going to be able to pick up with this exact workout until after Turkey day, but will do something).

Next workout, I'll run with 2x circuits.

kecn 11-24-2009 10:30

The Terrell Owen Bodylastics system

I ordered The Terrell Owen Bodylastics system and just received it in the mail a few days ago. I tried it out with The Blitz and it worked out pretty well. It was nice because I could transition between exercises fairly quickly without having to worry about other people in the gym, as I could do it in my own home. I was able to go as fast as I possibly could without gravity or machines slowing me down. The only issues I really had was it was awkward to do Squats and Calf raises.

All in all it was worth the money. :D

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-24-2009 14:26

Thanks for the reports...

kecn, that sounds good. I had hoped the machine would deliver. I will have to look at squats and heel raiseSounds like a wrong angle of pull, not straight. A good Sf engineer would put a couple of pulley on two 1x4s and secure them to the floor spaced apart to allow the correct angles...or a peice of plywood that you'd be standing on the anchor it down Just a thought.

Dave

kecn 11-25-2009 16:47

Calf Raises and Squats

For the squats I just stood on the Band and held on to handles. It worked pretty well but felt weird doing it that way instead of having the barbell on my shoulders. The work out still felt pretty good as I was well smoked when I was done.

For the Calf raises I tried doing the same thing, only I had all the bands connected which is only 134lbs. It's a lot lighter than what I was doing before, but felt so awkward trying to keep the bands under my feet and holding on to the handles while doing the exercise. I tried something different today though. I connected all the bands to the handles to create a loop, then placed it underneath my door. I sat in the middle of the loop and just pushed off of my door till my legs were fully extended. I then just performed the reps. It felt much better and I got somewhat of a burn, but still a little odd.

I attached a link of how the Workout Manual Suggests doing the Calf raises. I did try this which was alright. Still felt odd as I kept getting off balanced and I didn't feel much of a burn. http://www.tobands.com/images/Terrel...ercise124b.gif

I think I might just get a Squat Rack. It would be perfect since I love to do Squats and Deadlifts. :lifter I will also be able to add the weight that I am looking for. Or maybe just switch calf's with an ab workout and just work them on a different day?

Thanks for the help and advice! :)

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-28-2009 08:30

This is a good copy of a PM to me for all of you.

( This is a PM sent to me with some good thinking and info on the TO system)
I believe teams could do this in team roooms> Blitz

Thank you, sir. Btw, as I started get my thoughts organized, I ended up changing it to where the circuits ran 8 stations for each of the three days. Fwiw, I'm using the T.O. Elastic Bands as my Blitz equipment. The exercises I am doing listed below are straight from their (Bodylastics’) workout manual, as well as the Strength Band University website (owned by Bodylastics; just a reference site, not a real university). I left the name of the exercises with the particular alterations next to it in case you have other clients that come across this PM. As you look at the list there are repeats, but only to allow alterations post-48 hours of rest. On another note, during Workout II, my current equipment properly allows me to only do individual leg extensions, so it being one at a time the leg extensions are counted twice making that day's circuit a number of eight. Anyways, here’s the list:

*Note: Exercises are set in the following order allowing what I believe to be a quick and efficient setup time, considering the equipment and exercises performed.

Workout I
1. Seated Chair Lateral Raise
2. Hip Extension
3. Seated Ab Twist
4. Bench Rotator Cuff External Rotation
5. Forward Lat Extension
6. Standing Bicep Curl
7. Shrugs
8. Squats

Workout II
1. Laying One Legged Hip Flexor (bending each leg separately, but rotating throughout the exercise)
2. {Single} Leg Extension (running this station twice, but only to focus on the other leg)
3. Seated Forearm Curl
4. Kneeling Ab Crunch
5. Chair Two Legged Hamstring Curl
6. Upright Rows
7. Good Mornings

Workout III
1. Standing Calf Raise
2. Hip Extension
3. Close Grip Rear Shoulder Pull
4. Seated floor Back Row
5. Seated Ab Twist
6. Bench Rotator Cuff Internal Rotation
7. Standing Two Arm Chest Press
8. Kneeling Triceps Extension

If you run across other T.O Elastic Band Blitz users who are having issues on particular exercises, I would be more than willing to explain how I am performing them.. However, it would be better for them to register onto the Strength Band University website and send an email to customer service, asking for further assistance.

Peace easy & Mahalo,
-Grado[/QUOTE]

Grado 11-29-2009 19:39

To help explain the above post and why one would ever consider setting up three Blitzing days..

First off it looks like this..

Example:
Fri: 6-8 exercises, Workout I
Sat: 6-8 exercises, Workout II
Sun: 6-8 exercises, Workout III
Mon: Rest
tues: Workout I
wed: Workout II
thur: Workout III
Fri: Rest
etc., etc., etc.

While doing this breaks up general workout consistency day-to-day, month-to-month, it allows room for more exercises. Doing this method I was able to fit in 20 different stations Blitzing as opposed to the usual maximum of 8, targeting certain muscle groups more precisely, ALL WHILE still allowing roughly 48-92 hours of rest between those muscle groups. Just my thoughts on how to include more exercises.

I'll be posting my results on this once I get a sufficient amount of data.

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-30-2009 07:17

Good follow up

Thanks Grado, Excellant post. Many of the Blitz users here just have a hard time getting it. You have shown a very good grasp of it as written. I think your work here will be very helpful to the others.
A little note from me is not to do any other exercises while blitzing, as heavy weights wil do some micro damage to the fibers you are using to blitz. For other things you may feel a need to do, you don't. Do those things after a sucessful Blitz of about 8 weeks.
By the way no one has ever run this system to it's fanally. we do not know how many weeks it can be run before the 20% weight increments will have to downward curve to 15, 10, and 5 %. which will happen some time buut as yet , never been done.

Additionally I suggest you purchase a couple of ankle/wrist weights with 1pound weights that you can adjust weight progression by 1 pound increments. The TO bands will not let that happen. so you need to adjust with the addition of wrist weights. Call if you want to discuss this further. Dave

abc_123 11-30-2009 15:53

Figured I'd post my day two workout results because my first day was so jacked up.

Exercise Weight / Circuit 1 / Circuit 2 // Goal(figured on day 1)

Bench 45# / 69 / 65 // 60
Lat Pull 60# / 72 / 70 // 80
Leg Press 90# / 60 / 55 // 80
Calf Raise 90# / 81 / 79 // 152
Curls 25# / 59 / 57 // 64
Leg Curls 30# / 46 / 50 // 48
Abs - did some ...need to blitz

00:47 total workout time.

I really need to re-figure my goal reps on the Bench, Leg Press, Calf raises and Lat Pull. After experiencing soreness (Like I'm not supposed to) I re-looked at the weights etc. I was using and realized that on all three exercises I had jacked up math or simply put too damn much weight on the machine. ANYWAY, at least today I had the right amount of weight on the machine. What I have listed is what I actually used.

Will need to practice doing some ab exercises tomorrow and/or 1-2 other exercises to add to the circuit.

The leg presses really, really, sucked after about rep #40...

Had to work around dudes camping out on some of the machines. I didn't stop the circuit, I just bounced to another exercise and them came back to the one I had to skip.

might be interesting to put a HR monitor on and track start-peak-average HR's....

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-30-2009 17:10

good work

Please record any info for future use as HRs..
The higher numbers on the last circuits would make me think you weren't giving it all on the first circuit or second. Don't fool yourself into Holding out for the last circuit. Believe me when I say give it all from start to finish and all will develope like you won't believe... Good work > Dave
Yes it is incredably fatiqueing...

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-30-2009 17:43

Another positive report

I am posting this for the benefit of those who are thinking about using or are using the Blitz and can take encouragement. I am not posting the authors name But he can remark here if he wishes. Dave

Notes: I have always been fairly "lop-sided" in regards to bench press and upper body strength compared to flat out upper arm strength. (probably due to my football coaches over emphasis on bench press and me playing O tackle and "pushing people around" and all the push-ups I did in my days in the Army!).
With a very sore right shoulder things have not progressed as fast I as though they might, however, my level of fitness has increased three fold.
As a former United Hockey League linesman that could run a 12 minute 2 mile at the age of 34 and bench press my weight(245 then-6years ago) 17 times this will increase my body weight bench press by 3 or 4 reps at the end of the cycle. This program is probably not reccomended for Offensive linemen as I have lost some mass, probably best for athletic positions - WR/RB/QB/DB/LB...
Also to pat my own back, about 10 days ago I had to engage in a foot pursuit of a male student thru town(it's a long story!) and I was not winded AT ALL! the chase lasted about 9 minutes on wet pavement/grass/muck and the like and when I caught him it he didn't know what to think other than he thought he could out run me...)

Thoughts: The 6 week (currently on week 4 day 1) trial I am currently on has "kicked my a$$" and gotten me in shape the fastest of all the work out programs I have tried in the past. It will have me ready to go through it again for a 8 week session at a harder pace. Although similar to the "cross fit" style work out the blitz has increased my stamina and strength at an equal rate at a quicker rate...

Equipment types used: nautilas or machine type mixed with dumb bells and barbells

abc_123 11-30-2009 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 299183)
Please record any info for future use as HRs..
The higher numbers on the last circuits would make me think you weren't giving it all on the first circuit or second. Don't fool yourself into Holding out for the last circuit. Believe me when I say give it all from start to finish and all will develope like you won't believe... Good work > Dave
Yes it is incredably fatiqueing...

Dave,

I've got it all in an .xls file with general comments on how the exercises felt, problems etc... probably not in the most efficient format, but it's all there and you are welcome to it at any time.

I m not holding out. I only did 2 circuits as this is my 2nd day.. and I ate and drank to excess over Thanksgiving. The last number was my goal reps (that I calc'd on my first day (that are probably wrong for some of the exercises now that I've dropped weight).

I Only went up in reps on the leg curls. Lots of inertia on these using a standard machine so it felt weird. I now know how to do it now and that probably won't happen again.

Leg presses also wierd. I dont' know how to put it exactly, but I have to slow up at the top of each rep just a little on the initial 30-40 reps so I don't completely launch the platform that I have my feet on and have it leave contact with my feet... as it is, i'm only keeping contact with my toes. Now after 40 it's a different ballgame.

Will add a 3rd circuit.

Blitzzz (RIP) 11-30-2009 22:57

thanks, yes to the file...

yepper, Send the file to me after you are doing the 3 circuits for a couple of times and I'll give it a look. You do sound like you're doing well Dave

darbs 12-01-2009 07:02

Just do it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 299191)
I am posting this for the benefit of those who are thinking about using or are using the Blitz and can take encouragement. I am not posting the authors name But he can remark here if he wishes. Dave

Notes: I have always been fairly "lop-sided" in regards to bench press and upper body strength compared to flat out upper arm strength. (probably due to my football coaches over emphasis on bench press and me playing O tackle and "pushing people around" and all the push-ups I did in my days in the Army!).
With a very sore right shoulder things have not progressed as fast I as though they might, however, my level of fitness has increased three fold.
As a former United Hockey League linesman that could run a 12 minute 2 mile at the age of 34 and bench press my weight(245 then-6years ago) 17 times this will increase my body weight bench press by 3 or 4 reps at the end of the cycle. This program is probably not reccomended for Offensive linemen as I have lost some mass, probably best for athletic positions - WR/RB/QB/DB/LB...
Also to pat my own back, about 10 days ago I had to engage in a foot pursuit of a male student thru town(it's a long story!) and I was not winded AT ALL! the chase lasted about 9 minutes on wet pavement/grass/muck and the like and when I caught him it he didn't know what to think other than he thought he could out run me...)

Thoughts: The 6 week (currently on week 4 day 1) trial I am currently on has "kicked my a$$" and gotten me in shape the fastest of all the work out programs I have tried in the past. It will have me ready to go through it again for a 8 week session at a harder pace. Although similar to the "cross fit" style work out the blitz has increased my stamina and strength at an equal rate at a quicker rate...

Equipment types used: nautilas or machine type mixed with dumb bells and barbells

Thanks for posting Dave...

I want to encourage everyone to follow the "blitz" to the letter...
Looking back, I feel my gains would have been better had I "just done what was written" and not tweaked anything to fit me.

After a couple emails with Dave I'm going to start over on Friday this week, and do a 8 week cycle - by the book this time...

Good luck and stock up on the Ibuprofen!! :lifter

renato 12-02-2009 09:47

blitz site?

is this blitz system you are discussing the same or associated with blitztotalfitness.com? and if so is paying the small amount of cash to see the program the only way to see it?

Blitzzz (RIP) 12-02-2009 10:50

No money here

renato, read more and you will see this is not the same. That is a program and this is a system. They are no where near the same.
Basic difference is a program will have predetermined exercises and the "system' teaches you how to do exercises to accomplish certain results and one can develop their own "program with this System.

Thanks for the heads up. There may be a copy write problem, I have written them ...well see.

darbs 12-02-2009 14:04

Blitz 're-name'

You could always call it...

"DB's Body Burn"...

The first few days I did this my body was burninig.... legs were on fire...

Thank god (or scientist's) for Ibuprofen. :D

Blitzzz (RIP) 12-05-2009 22:37

Some Good News.

I got informed today that a new PT manual for Unit firness of sorts has been produced and it does contains a version of the "Blitz". I think it is the "Sixties". Will wait to see, just passing what is good news for me.

You guys using the "Blitz" are ahead of the game. Keep Trucking. Blitzzz

abc_123 12-06-2009 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs (Post 299656)
You could always call it...

"DB's Body Burn"...

The first few days I did this my body was burninig.... legs were on fire...

Thank god (or scientist's) for Ibuprofen. :D

I'm there now, bro.

I help coach youth wrestling 3x weekly in the evenings and try and do most if not all of the conditioning stuff with the kids to keep them motivated and do the "lead by example" thing as the head coach is a little older, injured and isn't as active.

That ,plus trying to bump up to 3 circuits 3x weekly was too much last week. Couldn't do it. Am taking motrin, eating fried turkey, and licking my wounds getting ready to start up again on monday.

dac 12-09-2009 13:50

I have been on standby for multiple 3-5 day TDY adventures so I haven't kept up with my blitzing.

If congress ever finishes a damn budget my schedule may slow down a little since funding won't be "Here's $47k, but you have to spend it by next Tuesday" anymore and I can do some planning.

I am going to pick blitzing back up, but since rugby is done I found a Krav Maga trainer I want to try out.

abc_123 12-09-2009 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc_123 (Post 300453)
I'm there now, bro.

I help coach youth wrestling 3x weekly in the evenings and try and do most if not all of the conditioning stuff with the kids to keep them motivated and do the "lead by example" thing as the head coach is a little older, injured and isn't as active.

That ,plus trying to bump up to 3 circuits 3x weekly was too much last week. Couldn't do it. Am taking motrin, eating fried turkey, and licking my wounds getting ready to start up again on monday.

Am seeing progress, so things are looking up. Endurance is coming up.. even if only by a rep or two at a time...and I made it into the 3rd circuit before I started not feeling good and getting the body shakes.

Big Daddy59 12-11-2009 17:50

First start

All
Started the Blitz system today, very tough, Thanks to Blitzzz for your time in sending this;

Here you go
Lat Pulls/51 reps/60 reps goal/wt-60
Crunches/62 reps/60 reps goal/wt-60
Seated knee extensions/59 reps/52 reps goal/wt-70
Half squats(bodyweight)/41 reps/52 reps goal/bodyweight
Bicep Curls/61 reps/80 reps goal/wt-30
Hamstring Curls/42 reps/48 reps goal/wt-30
Heel raises/76 reps/80 reps goal.wt-190 (could not get a good start weight)

Thoughts- Crunches were easy, any suggestions on something different for abs
If you go over your goals, does that mean the weight is to light?
This was my starter set, will start the system on Sunday for good
I walk in the morning and evening to work with a ruck, will I have to change that?
Soreness all over right now and was winded at the end

Blitzzz, my thanks again I am really looking forward to this, please let me know if I made any mistakes from what you have read.