Professional Soldiers

Professional Soldiers (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Introductions V (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36757)

B777Pilot 12-07-2019 06:46

Hello all
 
Hi everyone,

My name is Craig and I joined this group in hopes of getting more information about my wifes father. Archie Lombardi served in the Army from late 1954 until 1975 primarily with the 7th SFG. If anyone knew Archie wed love to hear from you.

Thanks and thank you all for your service,
Craig

rots 12-16-2019 23:16

I am a 21 year old studying history and philosophy while in the reserves as a PSYOP guy. I'm going to OCS after graduation and looking to commission as an infantry officer than head to SFAS when the opportunity arises. I'm on here just looking to learn as much as I can and get tips I couldn't find anywhere else.

Samocean 12-30-2019 16:30

Hello
 
Found this site a few years ago while doing some online research. Lots of good info on many things here and I enjoy reading all of the comments.
Im over 50 so will not be testing or attempting any type of high speed anything. Did 20 in the USMC did some interesting things, but nothing wild. Well into my second career and trying hard to use my brain more and body less, it saves on medical bills.

glebo 01-02-2020 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samocean (Post 654555)
Found this site a few years ago while doing some online research. Lots of good info on many things here and I enjoy reading all of the comments.
Im over 50 so will not be testing or attempting any type of high speed anything. Did 20 in the USMC did some interesting things, but nothing wild. Well into my second career and trying hard to use my brain more and body less, it saves on medical bills.



Smart man. Welcome aboard

Titania 01-08-2020 17:54

Hi, I'm Titania, I'm 19 and I'm interested in joining the US special operation forces. I believe it's my true calling and I'm training to be a combat swimmer.

I joined since this place is a great resource for aspiring operators and I want to learn as much as possible.

Alicanto 02-24-2020 10:37

Alicanto
 
I'm from the Bay Area, a current 88A Transportation Officer in the Reserve.

Going to lurk here and soak up useful information and motivation while training for selection in the next couple years.

Currently focused on my 25m target and 50m target but checking out what lies beyond...

Lived in Brazil and taught English, fluent in Brazilian Portuguese. 2/2 on the DLPT. I studied French in college for 4 years and studied abroad, now I just need to regain those language skills.

Masonman 03-05-2020 20:11

Good evening! I myself have no military service, even though my grandfather, dad and son have all served or are serving. My dad and I have stumbled upon this great site as we sit here together searching Special Forces memorabilia. My dad, who is 75 years old, served with 46th in Thailand during the late 60s. He got a smile looking at posts from the deactivated groups as he is now in the fight for his life with a recent diagnosis of lung cancer and has opted to skip chemotherapy. I will probobly never have much to add to this site, but will definately keep lurking. Thanks for the great work on this forum and God bless all yall do!
Respectfully

Ret10Echo 03-08-2020 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonman (Post 656096)
Good evening! I myself have no military service, even though my grandfather, dad and son have all served or are serving. My dad and I have stumbled upon this great site as we sit here together searching Special Forces memorabilia. My dad, who is 75 years old, served with 46th in Thailand during the late 60s. He got a smile looking at posts from the deactivated groups as he is now in the fight for his life with a recent diagnosis of lung cancer and has opted to skip chemotherapy. I will probobly never have much to add to this site, but will definately keep lurking. Thanks for the great work on this forum and God bless all yall do!
Respectfully


Welcome. Please extend warmest regards to your father.

Alea iacta est 03-26-2020 06:12

Hello Everyone,
 
My name is Josh. I'm a senior in ROTC about to commission and head to IBOLC and its follow on training. I'm here to explore, learn, and get advice before starting my service as a new LT.

Thanks,
Josh

7624U 03-26-2020 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alea iacta est (Post 657212)
My name is Josh. I'm a senior in ROTC about to commission and head to IBOLC and its follow on training. I'm here to explore, learn, and get advice before starting my service as a new LT.

Thanks,
Josh

Advice is easy
Pay attention to what your Commanders intent is, Take advice from your NCO's,
when in charge be in charge, be on time, and finally take your lumps if you screw up.
Good luck

The Big Short 03-30-2020 21:28

Hi all,

My name is Alex, I am 25, and I am here to read and learn as much as possible. Serving in the armed forces has been a goal of mine since I was young, but that goal was unfortunately delayed due to a multitude of circumstances. I'm not getting any younger, and am eager to forge a new path in my life with hard working and honorable people - personality traits not often found in my current industry.

Thanks very much for accepting civilians like myself onto this forum.

msptrooper39 04-02-2020 19:20

Good evening everyone.

My name is Michael and I currently live in Reading, Pennsylvania and formerly from Baltimore, Maryland not far from the 20th SFG Detachment in Glen Arm. I have been reading the forums for many years. While I was a Maryland State Trooper it provided me a lot of helpful tips to improve my running, pushups, sit-ups, and overall fitness level. I am now looking into joining the Guard and pushing for an 18X/Rep 63 Contract to serve with the Glen Arm Detachment if selected. I appreciate everyone's time and am glad to be here.

Michael

Cuato 04-25-2020 10:54

Intro
 
Greetings -

Former 18C - served in 1st Bn, 5th group 2013 to 2016. After separating I got MBA, did the consulting thing for a little bit, and now currently work in the defense industry in the northern VA area. Hoping to network and reconnect with some old faces.

Also, want to thank everyone for running this forum. Was extremely helpful as a resource when I initially enlisted back in 2011. To all the guys going through the process now - there is a TON of useful information here that if leveraged correctly will help set you up for success.

Thanks all.

- Cuato

AChonka 04-26-2020 01:17

Self Introductions
 
Hello, My Name is Alex and I am planning on enlisting in October 2021 after completing High school and seeing my brother off for his Junior year. I plan on if not passing at least attempting the SFAS and gaining entry into the Q- course as soon as I can realistically. The main reason I am here on the wealth of site is to learn so I look forward to talking and researching with others here.

Jperrine 04-27-2020 19:12

Former 18D recently introduced
 
Former 18D and member of the infamous "dirty dozen" 300f1 class of '92. If anyone recognizes me from there or maybe ODA 376/373 in the Haiti/Uganda days give me a shout! Currently working as a family practice NP (although in orthopedics right now). Every day is a great day to be retired.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41.


Copyright 2004-2021 by Professional Soldiers