Professional Soldiers

Professional Soldiers (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Edged Weapons (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Yarborough on the Bay (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44729)

x SF med 04-05-2015 00:47

$1500? I hope the 'owner' fries in a deep fat hell.

Serial #8130

JJ_BPK 04-05-2015 05:15

In Poughkeepsie New York... :mad:

As they are stopping the issuance of these knives, are they still Issue Property on the School books???

koz 04-05-2015 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldrotorhead (Post 579758)
I rarely look at e bay but I was this today. I know some of you like to follow up on these. I a donation of $100 helps bring this back into your house let me know and I'll send a check.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YARBOROUGH-S...item234e495fb5

YARBOROUGH/GREEN BERET SPEC. FORCES KNIFE NEVER USED OR SHARPENED IN ORIGINAL BOX WITH ALL PAPERWORK - PAPERS,BOX AND KNIFE HAVE MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS

DESIGNED BY WM. W. HARSEY AND MFG. BY CHRIS REEVE

2003 KNIFE COLLABORATION OF THE YR. AWARD

DATE OF MANUFACTURE APRIL 29TH 2010

GIVEN TO GRADUATES OF SPEC. FORCES "Q" COURSE

RARE OPPORTUNITY FOR THESE TO BE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE PURCHASE

ALL PAPERWORK AND ISSUED BOX

YARBOROUGH KNIFE, SPEC. OPS. SHEATH, ORIG. BOX AND PAPERWORK

THE COMPLETE PKG. AVAILABLE NOW (1 ONLY)

Serial Number is 8130.

Team Sergeant 04-05-2015 12:02

Every time we see one of these we should post the individuals name on this website.

The Reaper 04-05-2015 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 579787)
Every time we see one of these we should post the individuals name on this website.

I concur.

TR

Jgood 04-05-2015 17:11

Yup,

in the Hall of Shame

sinjefe 04-05-2015 17:51

Second that.

The Reaper 04-05-2015 19:51

I wonder how many of these are stolen, being sold by ex- and soon to be ex-es, people who inherited them, etc.?

Once you are out of the Army, other than your honor and integrity, what would keep you from selling it?

TR

sinjefe 04-06-2015 09:29

You can respond (send e-mail) to the seller on ebay. I did, telling the fucktard what he was doing.

His response? "Hey asshole, I'm the pawn shop owner. Tell the guy who sold it to me"

My response? "Are you going to do the right thing, now that you know, and take it down?"

No answer.

That's like saying "Hey, I'm just the pawn shop owner. Not my fault it was stolen."

I'd recommend folks send that asshat an e-mail, also.

sinjefe 04-06-2015 11:37

From the pawn store owner:

"I'm in business to make money not make you happy. The person who sold me this actually was just in my store. he said he has two because they issue you one and your allowed to purchase one other so he sold me one. I showed him your message and he said that's bullshit that he can sell it."

My response:

'You can certainly do what you like and have no obligation to make me, or anyone else, happy. But, just as with anything else in life, there is cause and effect. The SF community is large and extensive. Just as you can do as you please, I can also. I am passing this info along to those in my community to let them know just what you think of this whole thing.

Just curious. When you find out something is stolen do you still sell it also, since you are "in this to make money"?

As for the idiot, who sold it to you? He is wrong and he knows it and he will end up finding this out himself.

The free market is a great thing, isn't it?"

Now more than ever, do I think this stuff, names and business that enable, ought to go in the hall of shame.

Jgood 04-08-2015 13:22

Hell yeah, they should be the tool who sold it specially the Fucktards who get booted and then sell it and the sellers once they have been notified.

Ret10Echo 04-08-2015 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinjefe (Post 579863)

Now more than ever, do I think this stuff, names and business that enable, ought to go in the hall of shame.

Food for thought.... I would support that with established ROE on contact and notification.

FWIW

R10

Roguish Lawyer 04-08-2015 15:29

Isn't there a record of who gets each knife?

The Reaper 04-08-2015 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer (Post 580054)

Yes, there is.

TR

Team Sergeant 04-09-2015 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer (Post 580054)

Yes and the very reason you will not find one at a murder scene.....;)