Professional Soldiers

Professional Soldiers (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   PT/ H2H (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Blitz only Thread (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24099)

abc_123 07-23-2009 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 275256)
Sorry about your shoulder. after you see the DOc and get an eval, let me know because ther id Blitz SOP for rehab. I can send you one and you can discuss ir with your PT or Doc. Dave (Blitzzz) Boltz

Ok Dave, thanks.

My son's track team had no throws coach so I stepped in to help as they had nobody to help them throw the shot. It was all good when doing technique work with them... but they didn't seem to have the whole "total body EFFORT" thing down. So (you know where this is headed...)... Even though it was a kids shotput, I made the fatal mistake of not warming up sufficiently (i.e. twice as much as i did when I was 20years younger) and decided to heave that little shot as far as I possibly could. YEOUCH!. On the positive side.. the kids were suitably impressed.

...and then I did the guy thing and made it worse by only throwing "a couple more" before I decided that I needed to "take a couple of day off".

...yes, exactly two.

... then i threw some more and finially figured out that I was really hurt.

Shoulder hurts just walking (or running) around. Can do some things with no or limited pain but... get on a bench machine (or god forbid grab a dumbell and try and press it) and I get an instant knife in my shoulder followed by lasting dull pain.

Now, I'm just laying low and licking my wounds with a big bottle of Vitamin M, waiting for the morning that I wake up all better.

Blitzzz (RIP) 07-23-2009 19:28

Get off it.

don't push through the pain but Okay to the pain.. Firstly you should ice the heck out of it .Ice til it gets numb then light ranging exercises but no resisted stuff for a couple of weeks. Do see a Doc. Do a light feel through the muscles and see if there is any spot that feels denser or sharper in pain. Then slide through it lightly to identify it's borders (lessening of the dense tissue. then slide lightly to the center and press into it at about 40 lbs/ sq in that's not much hold for a minute and see if you feel the tissue move like a slow worm.. sounds funny but it's Myofacial release and oft times works well with traumatized muscle. It will hurt at first but will subcide. good Luck Dave.

abc_123 07-23-2009 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 275265)
don't push through the pain but Okay to the pain.. Firstly you should ice the heck out of it .Ice til it gets numb then light ranging exercises but no resisted stuff for a couple of weeks. Do see a Doc. Do a light feel through the muscles and see if there is any spot that feels denser or sharper in pain. Then slide through it lightly to identify it's borders (lessening of the dense tissue. then slide lightly to the center and press into it at about 40 lbs/ sq in that's not much hold for a minute and see if you feel the tissue move like a slow worm.. sounds funny but it's Myofacial release and oft times works well with traumatized muscle. It will hurt at first but will subcide. good Luck Dave.

Oh yeah .. right THERE... No problem finding the real sore spot.

How often to I poke at it like you just told me? Heat before? ROM excercised after? Ice?

greenberetTFS 07-23-2009 20:13

Knee Surgery ..............

Blitzzz,

Can you tell me what to do after surgery?................:confused:

Big Teddy :munchin

Praetorian 07-23-2009 21:10

Ive only been doing this about two weeks now, but my bad shoulder isnt hurting as bad as it was before I started. It generally feels more stable as well.

For about the last 9 years or so, if I rolled onto that side of my body in my sleep at night, I would eventually wake up with the shoulder in extreme pain and the rest of the arm would be NUMB or TINGLING down to the fingers... I would be unable to move my arm AT ALL, and my wife would have to sort of push me on my back, elevate the arm and rub the deltoid until it sort of went back into place and the pain subsided.

Last night I rolled onto the arm, and nothing happened. I sort of woke up several times thinking "I should be hurting right now" but it was totally comfortable....

I do shoulders again tomorrow.

Blitzzz (RIP) 07-23-2009 21:14

No heat

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc_123 (Post 275273)
Oh yeah .. right THERE... No problem finding the real sore spot.

How often to I poke at it like you just told me? Heat before? ROM excercised after? Ice?

Press and hold the center of the dense tissue about every four or five hours too much is too much and the released tissue needs time to release fluids and circulate blood. Dave
Use ice all the time no heat.

dac 07-24-2009 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILON (Post 275074)

4. Give advice without giving your credentials to be doing so. Not having the proper credentials or at least a degree in exercise science or a related subject cause me to question. Maybe this has been stated before and I missed it? So, If I am wrong, please let me know.

I would argue that it is as much art as science. The anatomy and kinesiology are definitely scientific, but when every person has different goals, limits, body type, etc, exercise science is not very precise.

As with all experts, some are great, some need to be freed up to seek new opportunity. YMMV.

greenberetTFS 07-24-2009 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 275082)
I appreciate the writings that may assist in a defense of the Blitz.
I grant the lack of documentation, is a need for many to acept something this new. there is really no other system that delivers these results.
It has been used for over 17 years. many attempts have been made to reach the professional levels but "they" spend too much money for what ever program they use now and are not willing to gamble on something seemingly so unlikely as the blitz.

regardless of the documentation or lack of, the results have always been consistant and never less than the 20% best over lifetime best. Endurance levels are over doubled. I have witnessed this for over 17 years in private uses and in A Physical Therapy clinic.
This is never a Sales pitch , it is a Brag, as the consistancy is very specific and fined tuned.
Joint protection is greatly inhanced.
I have delt with Athletic trainers, Coaches, exercise Phyiologist, and PT's for a long time. The suggested fear and worries expressed here have been addressed many times over.
A simple list includes No overuse syndrome
No Ligament Sprains or ruptures
No tendonitis,strains, or ruptures
No cartilage damage
No DOMS
I feel sometimes that the results should be reduced for those who won't accept these. It would be more in line with the "norm" to be sore after workouts and to suffer tendonitis or tendon tears.
As to full body exercises that is made easier when all the parts are so much stronger and with the greater endurance.

I'll let the experts here who have never used this system and can so rightly judge it based on what they do know have at it. Any one still interested in the system can get it from me by E- mail. Those of you presently useing it , do send some status update as I may be able to eventually convince the flat worlders of it greatness. A salute to you all. BLITZZZ

Blitzzz,

Don't let Sean start to set you up for a pissing contest......:rolleyes: He's not worth it,you know your system works great and if he doesn't, well screw him.....;)

Big Teddy :munchin

MILON 07-24-2009 10:28

Dac,

Very much agreed! Designing of programs definitely has an art to it. The science part comes into play when we want to find the results of any given program. Testing before and after is crucial for each individual athlete. Without this we dont know if we are getting the results wanted.

MILON

NousDefionsDoc 07-24-2009 19:52

Where is this program?

abc_123 07-24-2009 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 275286)
Press and hold the center of the dense tissue about every four or five hours too much is too much and the released tissue needs time to release fluids and circulate blood. Dave
Use ice all the time no heat.

I can do that.

straight and to the point.

you got it, boss. dealing with the pain is not the issue.. i just need someone to tell me when I need to listen to the pain or ignore it. Thanks.

Hey, you do know that Jim Beam works just as well as motrin to reduce pain.... not sure of it's anti inflammitory abilities though...My shoulder doesn't hurt at all right now!!! just thought you'd want to know...

END OF THREAD HIJACKK!!!

Blitzzz (RIP) 07-24-2009 20:09

Beam?

'Ole Jim is usually good for some pain. It causes me to do painful things. LOL

olhamada 07-30-2009 17:26

Great Program

I've gotta say, at first I was skeptical about Blitz's claims, but after seeing it in action/trying it out, it is everything Blitz says it is. In what other exercise do you move over 15,000 pounds in one minute without injury while getting an incredible aerobic and strengthening workout? (Yes, I said over 15,000 pounds in one minute).

Blitz was generous and kind enough to meet me, tell me the history and rationale, design a workout program for me, and take me through a cycle of it yesterday. After just three exercises and three minitues (one half of one cycle), I was winded, my muscles were screaming, and my heart rate was as high as if I had been sprinting all out for three minutes.

Blitz, thank you for your time, patience, and discovery. I can't wait to see what happens over the next 8 weeks.

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-02-2009 08:29

additional Blitz instructions (basic Setup)

Blitz letter to clients

I am very glad that you are using the Blitz. I will give you the best advice I can offer, and you may not believe what I'm passing on to you.

Before I start let me just add that the things you are doing for a total workout are just fine. Having said that, my advice is to stop all other activities except moderate rucks about twice a week for your carry posture and foot conditioning. Delay all the other stuff and work a Blitz program for eight weeks. Why, you are wondering? I promise you the absolute best ever conditioning you will ever acquire by just Blitzing alone. The Blitz, run with 6 to 8 exercises and done as written, will produce unimaginable strength and endurance.

For you to achieve the max from the system, you build a “circuit” of 6 to 8 exercises. Work to do three circuits per workout. Do all exercises and circuits as written and pay attention the performance points (included), and read your numbers as the examples I sent.

EXAMPLE OF A CIRCUIT

1. Seated Lat Pulls,
2. Seated rows,
3. Chest press,
4.Half squats,
5. Hamstring curls,
6. Bicep curls,
7. Seated straight heel raises on a leg press,
8 Seated knee extensions.

1st phase of the Blitz is day one. On the first day you will do each exercise of the circuit. On each exercise you will determine “start weight” and “Goal” reps for each exercise. (As written)AND burn one minute each.

2nd phase is the endurance phase and will take about two and half weeks (your goal here is to be doing three circuits at start levels),

3rd phase is the strengthening phase and should be sufficient at end of the 8th week. (Note; no one has ever maxed this system out. Do this religiously and the results will be unmatched by all the other things you are trying now).

After the 8th week of Blitz, return to any of the other things you wish to be proficient in Rucking, Swimming, sprinting, etc, but remember you will then be able to do them with tremendous strength and endurance with no worry of tendon/ligament strains or tears.

Just an aside, most people can start blitzing without warm ups or other pre conditioning. You WILL NOT loose out by stopping all other activities while Blitzing the 8 weeks.

I intensely wish you the best, and don't progress the Blitz, let it progress you.
Dave Boltz

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-07-2009 09:36

Blitz follow ups

I would really like to have either here or by PM any blitz follow up or status reports on blitz usage. there are over 90 folks on this site that have aquired Blitz material. I have a need for follow up data. Thanks Blitzzz

dac 08-07-2009 10:05

I have a comment and a question.

I am looking forward to Blitzing because I hit a plateau, I have been waiting to start until I moved but that is finished now and I am ready to start Blitzing. I can take very detailed notes if you like.

Here is my question. Rugby practice is starting this month and I will be getting back to that also. The practices are not very strenuous, mainly running and drills. I know that doing anything concurrent with Blitz will reduce the effectiveness. Should I go ahead and start Blitzing and accept the reduced gains or should I wait until the season is over? (~4 months)

thanks

david

jlcoad 08-07-2009 11:19

old dog, new tricks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 275256)
because there is a Blitz SOP for rehab. I can send you one and you can discuss ir with your PT or Doc. Dave (Blitzzz) Boltz

Blitzzz, I have been reading this thread off and on since I joined this site last month and your system really interests me. My goal was to be able to do 60 on my 60th next January. Well that goal is now in jeopardy. I had neck surgery last December to ream out some vertebrae and the rehab is taking a lot more time than I like. I have been doing a light chest, arms and shoulder workout with a pair of 35lb dumbbells and a jar of Percocet - probably too heavy - but the workout seems to be helping slightly - not enough help and too much pain.
Anyway after reading about your system I can see where this might be the answer I have been looking for.
Just wanted to add this to all the other praise you have been getting. I'll try to keep accurate records and let you know the results.

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-07-2009 21:51

Shouldn't be a problem...

DAC, The first two weeks and half is about where the "endurance phase" runs it's course and you start weight increases.(strengthening phase)
With the Rugby work outs just beware of injurys. The blitz will work well, reduces expectations are still better than you may imagine. Dave

dac 08-11-2009 12:18

I did day 1 yesterday. I didn't know what to expect as far as level of exertion so I was not properly prepared. (It should be easy lifting such light weights, no?) I'm sure my weights will need to be adjusted but I didn't feel like figuring out my max on a cable machine and dividing by three; I made an educated guess and let it rock. My lat pull machine lets the weights free-float too much so that slowed me down quite a bit on that exercise.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised but at the same time I hate you. ;) I thought I was going to barf after the first circuit so I called it quits. Wednesday I will go for two circuits.

Exercise | Weight |Reps
-------------------------------
Lat Pulls | 80 | 55
Seated Rows | 70 | 59
Chest Press | 100 | 62
Half Squats | 0 | 82
Hamstring Curls | 50 | 50
Bicep Curls | 35 | 51
Calf Raises | 0 | 61
Knee Extensions | 50 | 59

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-11-2009 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by dac (Post 278014)
I did day 1 yesterday. I didn't know what to expect as far as level of exertion so I was not properly prepared. (It should be easy lifting such light weights, no?) I'm sure my weights will need to be adjusted but I didn't feel like figuring out my max on a cable machine and dividing by three; I made an educated guess and let it rock. My lat pull machine lets the weights free-float too much so that slowed me down quite a bit on that exercise.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised but at the same time I hate you. ;) I thought I was going to barf after the first circuit so I called it quits. Wednesday I will go for two circuits.

Exercise | Weight |Reps
Lat Pulls | 80 | 55 ---Sugest reducing weight to 1/3 your body.
Seated Rows | 70 | 59 ---May drop to 60 lbs and see if reps increase
Chest Press | 100 | 62 --- Unless you bench 300 lbs this is too much.
Half Squats | 0 | 82 ---Seems pretty light (LOL) Try half your body weight on this one.
Hamstring Curls | 50 | 50 ---Adjust weight down by 20% (41.6 lbs)
Bicep Curls | 35 | 51 ---Drop to 25 lbs
Calf Raises | 0 | 61 ---Body weight plus 2/3rds to start
Knee Extensions | 50 | 59 --- Weight look okay but rep speed is really low for Knee extesions Had one guy doing 142 RPMS.

DAC, I'll sugest some changes on this sheet..Okay?

dac 08-11-2009 16:35

Cool, this is the kind of feedback I was hoping to get. If you don't mind keeping it in the open where others can see I don't mind being your marketing guinea pig. :D

Exercise | Weight |Reps
I am 6'2", 265lbs, probably 15-18% fat but I can do 10 real pull-ups so this weight felt really good except for the plate bounce.

Roger...

It's been a while, but that's not too far off. I will try 85 tomorrow and see what happens. I have ZERO soreness in my chest and shoulders. My hamstrings and calves are a different story.

Half Squats | 0 | 82 ---Seems pretty light (LOL) Try half your body weight on this one.
I don't have a squat machine or leg press, I was just doing freestanding squats down to where my quads were parallel with the ground.

There is a god!

Roger...

Same as squats, I was just using a machine crossbrace to stand on.

Knee Extensions | 50 | 59 --- Weight look okay but rep speed is really low for Knee extesions Had one guy doing 142 RPMS.
Roger, will try harder. Quads aren't sore at all either.

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-11-2009 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dac (Post 278031)
Cool, this is the kind of feedback I was hoping to get. If you don't mind keeping it in the open where others can see I don't mind being your marketing guinea pig. :D

Exercise | Weight |Reps
I am 6'2", 265lbs, probably 15-18% fat but I can do 10 real pull-ups so this weight felt really good except for the plate bounce.

Roger...

It's been a while, but that's not too far off. I will try 85 tomorrow and see what happens. I have ZERO soreness in my chest and shoulders. My hamstrings and calves are a different story.

I don't have a squat machine or leg press, I was just doing freestanding squats down to where my quads were parallel with the ground.

There is a god!

Roger...

Same as squats, I was just using a machine crossbrace to stand on.

Roger, will try harder. Quads aren't sore at all either.

Just a little note, most Blitz speeds Have been averaging about 400 degrees per second...What does that mean...That a 90 degree movement like knee extensions should be about 2.366 reps per second where as a hamstring curl is about 130 degree movement and nets about 1.6 reps per second. So never think you're slower doing about half the number of reps in HS curls as knee extensions. Reps are only important to each exercise. Can't compare (you Can) reps of one exercise to reps of another with out calculating the excursion .

Just some thinking ammo...Blitzzz

dac 08-12-2009 19:31

Okay, I finished day 2. Today was much better, I was properly hydrated but my calves were super sore. I figured I would post the first three sessions and then keep going silently and update you later.

Exercise | Weight | Reps 1 | Reps 2
Lat Pulls | #70 | 61 | 59
Seated Rows | #60 | 65 | 60
Chest Press | #90 | 74 | 62
Half Squats | #0 | 57 | 49
Hamstring Curls | #40 | 48 | 47
Bicep Curls | #25 | 60 | 41
Calf Raises | #0 | 45 | 49
Knee Extensions | #50 | 71 | 66

PS: I tried my damndest to make a properly formatted table but this forum software doesn't seem to support it.

grrthetree 08-12-2009 19:57

I'm a little skeptical of this program, to be honest. Not to take anything away from the creator or the program itself, but I just can't see this doing anything except changing your routine for a short time while stimulating different aspects of muscular endurance that could be done without making an entire routine of it.

This program doesn't look like something that will truly improve "strength" in the real sense of the word. Also, the exercises prescribed go against everything I've been taught about strength training for two reasons. From what I know, isolation exercises are good additions to programs based on compound movements, so setting up a whole program based on doing circuits of mainly isolation movements doesn't make sense to me. Another thing is that certain exercises and methods leave you more prone to injuries, while the program is designed to strengthen your tendons and joints. What I mean is that it is recommended that you use certain machines, which lock in a fixed range of motion, and exercises like leg extensions, which are proven to be bad for your knees.

So I'm just throwing this out here not to bash or degrade the program or creator, but to state my opinion, and wonder if I can get a better look at it from the designers perspective. So if you could retort some of my statements, I would appreciate it. I'm not trying to set up an argument, though, honest discussion.

The Reaper 08-12-2009 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by grrthetree (Post 278269)
I'm a little skeptical of this program, to be honest. Not to take anything away from the creator or the program itself, but I just can't see this doing anything except changing your routine for a short time while stimulating different aspects of muscular endurance that could be done without making an entire routine of it.

This program doesn't look like something that will truly improve "strength" in the real sense of the word. Also, the exercises prescribed go against everything I've been taught about strength training for two reasons. From what I know, isolation exercises are good additions to programs based on compound movements, so setting up a whole program based on doing circuits of mainly isolation movements doesn't make sense to me. Another thing is that certain exercises and methods leave you more prone to injuries, while the program is designed to strengthen your tendons and joints. What I mean is that it is recommended that you use certain machines, which lock in a fixed range of motion, and exercises like leg extensions, which are proven to be bad for your knees.

So I'm just throwing this out here not to bash or degrade the program or creator, but to state my opinion, and wonder if I can get a better look at it from the designers perspective. So if you could retort some of my statements, I would appreciate it. I'm not trying to set up an argument, though, honest discussion.

High school students here should probably neither be seen nor heard. You will learn more with your mouth closed and your ears open.

I recommend that you wait a long while before jumping into a food fight here with both feet.

At 17 or 18, your opinion and experiences carry little weight here. There are a lot of QPs, several physicians, and more than a few people with advanced fitness training available on this board for expert opinions.

Move out, draw fire.

TR

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-12-2009 21:15

Thanks Reaper...

Saved me from going over all that has already been gone over..some folks should read all of the thread.
An aside; There are now 106 members with copies of the Blitz. I think I should be getting some feed back some day...Thanks Dave

Razor 08-13-2009 08:40

Dave,

To help with dac's problem about not having a machine for his squats and calf raises, could he simply hold dumbells to add weight?

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-13-2009 09:13

Yes to weights

Minus the weight of one's legs, squats are body weight. To Blitz properly He's have to find his !RM half squat with weight (plus his body weight) and then take a third of that.
Example; Can do 1 rep half squat with 250 lbs nd he weighs 200 lbs then total weight is 450. Start weight is around 150 lbs (minus the weight of his legs) about 40 to 50 lbs. So he would squat with about 100 lbs of weight. Doesn't seem like much but at the high reps it will be fine. Is this sounding clear to anyone but me?

dac 08-13-2009 11:49

Sounds clear, but I don't want to chop off my legs to lose 100lbs. :eek:

The gym I use is the condo complex gym, but I'm only a block away from a large real gym. I'm going to check out the inside and prices, maybe I'll join. I am running into quite a bit of problems on the current equipment. I just can't go any faster without the weights bouncing.

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-13-2009 14:52

I know....

When we used it in the Physical therapy dept we had that problem a lot. So patients could not get the complete benefit but they still recovered fast.

Milktrckcopilot 08-17-2009 17:57

I'm also currently using the program. Tonight was my first session. I really burned out on the third circuit after the first exercise. Blitzz I bought the timer you recommended from Radio Shack, it really came in handy. I'm going to run this program Mon/Wed/Fri.

Exercise/Weight/Reps/Goal Reps

Leg Ext/80/75-79-79/ 81

Barbell Rows/50/75-80-59/ 100

Dumbell Press/25's/69-72-49/ 88

Leg curls/50/42-41-31/ 48 Part of the reason the numbers are low is the machine. Unless you are using heavy weight the machine is slow in it's return during the negative portion of the exercise.

Hammer Curls/5's/74-69-62/ 72

Abs Crunch/70/59-58-63/ 60

abc_123 08-17-2009 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milktrckcopilot (Post 279129)
Blitzz I bought the timer you recommended from Radio Shack, it really came in handy.

and that would be?

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-17-2009 19:09

My eval for Milkrckcopilot

abc123 I had mentioned that a elder lady left the PT clinic and joined a local gym to continue her Blitzing. She purchased a timer from Radioshack that she could punch in 1 min and hit the stsrt button to assist with the time Thing.

Milkrckcopilot. here are my thoughts:
Exercise/Weight/Reps/Goal Reps

Leg Ext/80/75-79-79/ 81--------These look good

Barbell Rows/50/75-80-59/ 100---------first two circuits are getting there the third shows you endurance level ( this number will show your endurance improvements.

Dumbell Press/25's/69-72-49/ 88----same as rows

Leg curls/50/42-41-31/ 48 Part of the reason the numbers are low is the machine. Unless you are using heavy weight the machine is slow in it's return during the negative portion of the exercise.-------For that reason you're okay unless you wish to do half squats for the quads instead of extensions you can do them faster

Hammer Curls/5's/74-69-62/ 72-------Goal reps are exceded meaning you may want to recalculate it other wise endurance is comming up.

Good job, Dave Boltz

jlcoad 08-17-2009 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 278335)
Dave,

To help with dac's problem about not having a machine for his squats and calf raises, could he simply hold dumbells to add weight?

what's wrong wih using a ruck sack with sand bags or weights for squats and calves?

Never mind. Where are you going to find a ruck that would hold enough weight. How would you put on 200 - 250 lb ruck on your back

Milktrckcopilot 08-17-2009 20:12

PM sent

Irishsquid 08-17-2009 21:32

Question:

I'm preparing to attend SFAS. Will be going in the next couple months. I have been doing Crossfit, then switched over to militaryathlete.com, and have just started doing their "SFAS Prep," program. I find it to be an absolutely amazing workout, but it leaves me feeling absolutely drained. Because of this, I find it harder and harder to get up in the mornings, as I work 1600-0200.

1) Would the Blitz protocol be a good workout program to do during my SFAS Prep time?
2) Would I be less fatigued, and more able to perform well at my civilian job in the meantime?

--Irishsquid

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-17-2009 22:19

What to do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishsquid (Post 279146)
Question:

I'm preparing to attend SFAS. Will be going in the next couple months. I have been doing Crossfit, then switched over to militaryathlete.com, and have just started doing their "SFAS Prep," program. I find it to be an absolutely amazing workout, but it leaves me feeling absolutely drained. Because of this, I find it harder and harder to get up in the mornings, as I work 1600-0200.

1) Would the Blitz protocol be a good workout program to do during my SFAS Prep time?
2) Would I be less fatigued, and more able to perform well at my civilian job in the meantime?

--Irishsquid

Eat well, stay hydrated, try to allow 48 hrs between workouts with what ever system you use.
As to the Blitz if done as written you will achieve near double endurance in about 2 and a half weeks. Strength gains will come after that. The Blitz will Fatigue you on a level you have not experienced prior, but recovery times become very fast.
As to performing better at work, I would say yes. Blitzing is highly cardio and elevates metabilism and enhances recovery times. I'd not combine it with other systems as they will slow the Blitz processes. Good luck Blitzzz

Irishsquid 08-17-2009 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz (Post 279151)
Eat well, stay hydrated, try to allow 48 hrs between workouts with what ever system you use.
As to the Blitz if done as written you will achieve near double endurance in about 2 and a half weeks. trength gains will come after that. The Blitz will Fatigue you on a level you have not experienced prior, but recovery times become very fast.
As to performing better at work, I would say yes. Blitzing is highly cardio and elevates metabilism and enhances recovery times. I'd not combine it with other systems as they will slow the Blitz processes. Good luck Blitzzz

Roger that, and much appreciated! I've decided to stop with the Crossfit-style workouts this month at least, and will start going to the gym at the base before work. I'm going to see how I'm doing on the Blitz protocol after a month, and will give a progress report.

Should I discontinue rucking, or keep going, at least to keep my feet tough?
Also, is there any recommended warmup?

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-18-2009 05:33

Thumbs up on rucking

You may want to use a near painless weight. Rucking is a way of life and not something we do once a month or so It become the way we move and patrol. You will need to get so used to it on your back that you feel naked without it... Blitzzz

Blitzzz (RIP) 08-18-2009 09:31

For those who are looking...

I saew an infomercial this morning about a piece of equipment that may panout to be an approiate Blitz machine. It is called the "Tower 200" by body by Jake. it looks good thus far.