Professional Soldiers

Professional Soldiers (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   18D (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Chances of getting 18D (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52095)

KC98 02-16-2017 01:43

Chances of getting 18D
 
Hey all,

I heard that you are able to request your Special Forces MOS upon getting selected and attending the Q Course. Personally, I'd want to go 18D all the way! My question is, so long as I had sufficient aptitude for the occupation, what are the chances that the Army will grant my request (as I do understand that ultimately, it is up to "the needs of the Army")?

Thank You

Joker 02-16-2017 04:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC98 (Post 624193)
Hey all,

I heard that you are able to request your Special Forces MOS upon getting selected and attending the Q Course. Personally, I'd want to go 18D all the way! My question is, so long as I had sufficient aptitude for the occupation, what are the chances that the Army will grant my request (as I do understand that ultimately, it is up to "the needs of the Army")?

Thank You

By the way you are displaying your attention to details and following guidance and instruction, you will never be selected. Post an introduction in the "Introduction" thread.

KC98 02-17-2017 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 624195)
By the way you are displaying your attention to details and following guidance and instruction, you will never be selected. Post an introduction in the "Introduction" thread.

With all due respect sir, I'm just asking a question. I've nothing much to say, but if you'd like, I've posted an introduction now.

Joker 02-17-2017 22:24

To be a member in SF requires you to have very good attention to detail. This is especially true in training. And more so as an 18D. A mistake, misdiagnosis, slip-up could be deadly to your teammate.

If they see that you have the aptitude you have a good chance at becoming an 18D, if you can handle the selection process (which never ends). ask for it, but if they need you to be another 18_, do it.

Right place. Right time. Right uniform. Right mindset.

KC98 02-19-2017 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 624268)
To be a member in SF requires you to have very good attention to detail. This is especially true in training. And more so as an 18D. A mistake, misdiagnosis, slip-up could be deadly to your teammate.

If they see that you have the aptitude you have a good chance at becoming an 18D, if you can handle the selection process (which never ends). ask for it, but if they need you to be another 18_, do it.

Right place. Right time. Right uniform. Right mindset.

Thanks for the info, sir. I've got a lot to learn still.

blue02hd 02-19-2017 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC98 (Post 624193)
Hey all,

My question is, so long as I had sufficient aptitude for the occupation, what are the chances that the Army will grant my request ?

Thank You

Based on the failure to follow instructions provided to you from this website, and understanding the high attrition rate associated with Special Operations selection as a whole, including your desire to qualify in one of the most demanding Military Occupation Series in uniform ,,,,,

I'd say you have less than a 10 percent chance.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52.


Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers