Professional Soldiers

Professional Soldiers (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Black Rifle Coffee & Evan Hafer (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53076)

PSM 11-23-2020 01:11

^^^ Yep. I was waiting for a QP to post this.

RCummings 11-23-2020 06:54

Thank you JGC2!

Badger52 11-23-2020 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGC2 (Post 664138)
Y'all should check out Stocking Mill Coffee instead.

All I find, using this location, are some links to donate or buy some stickers, and a couple links that run to 404 pages. Do they have a for-real up & running commerce page under some other name?

tonyz 11-23-2020 07:53

This link might help.

https://stockingmillcoffee.com/collections/coffee

Badger52 11-23-2020 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyz (Post 664142)

Thanks tonyz. Thought I hovered all over that page but guess I missed it.

I don't follow the social media much but from what I gather there were some histrionics over Kyle Rittenhouse's wear of a t-shirt, then Hafer's disclaimer that he was not sponsoring Kyle, which the cancel culture then defined as "pulling support" from Kyle. (Culture cancellers seem to walk both sides of the river.)

Tweety birds don't matter to me but, diving a little further, he does do something that irks the shit out of me and that is donations to both sides of the political fence. Big Pharma does this too. To me that is disingenuous and I personally don't care for it. It's a free country, just my view. It's like a mayor in Portland putting up a BLM/Antifa sign in their yard which really means "please don't hurt me." So the simultaneous donations to Obama & McCain, and then Tulsi Gabbard & McKeon I just find off-putting.

I like their coffee though, too bad.

rsdengler 11-23-2020 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyz (Post 664142)

Yessss order your coffee from this company, they are awesome (I know the owner) and they do wonderful things for veterans; please support them. Try their dark roasts, they are exceptional. I never order from Black Rifle any longer.

Bob45nm 11-23-2020 11:02

Black Rifle

Anyone drink De Espresso Liber coffee?

RCummings 11-23-2020 11:22

Yes! It seems they have had some speedbumps lately. Excellent product. They do also donate to SF families from their proceeds. Heck of a good guy to do business with.

Box 11-23-2020 12:10

Interesting turn of coffee events.

Other than watching funny Ewetoobe videos, I've never followed or even cared who any of these folks were. I've tried and enjoyed their coffee but I've never bought into the "hey - this expensive coffee tastes so much better than Folgers" experience.

I do love me some good coffee but I cant really tell the difference between coffee that cost 15 bucks for a 12 ounce sack and Folgers that cost less than 10 bucks for a two pound bucket. Hilarious internet videos aren't enough for me to justify the habitual purchase of overpriced coffee.

It's odd that these folks have been selling high priced coffee to SF dudes for several years now to all of a sudden be accused of shenanigans. That could certainly close the door on yuge profits if you are a company that makes most of their money selling coffee beans to SOF and LEA.

Its quite possible that I am just misreading a few threads along with the associated Fox News stories - regardless, a very interesting turn of coffee events.

edited for clarity

tom kelly 11-23-2020 12:24

COFFEE:

1 Attachment(s)
Is Black Rifle (expensive) coffee another "STATUS" symbol of SF like the Rolex Watch, The Star Sapphire Ring, & the foreign sports car....Just Wondering.

rsdengler 11-23-2020 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 664150)
Interesting turn of coffee events.

I do love me some good coffee but I cant really tell the difference between coffee that cost 15 bucks for a 12 ounce sack and Folgers that cost less than 10 bucks for a two pound bucket. Hilarious internet videos aren't enough for me to justify the habitual purchase of overpriced coffee.

I have to say that my favorite out of them all is Safeway's brand Signature Select Italian Roast Coffee. I can get a 2 lb. bag for less then $12 and it's the best Italian Roast I could find. I do buy Stocking Mill on occasion, just to support a Veteran owned company. But I've "stock piled" Italian Roast....lol....:D

Badger52 11-23-2020 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 664150)
...but I've never bought into the "hey - this expensive coffee tastes so much better than Folgers" experience.

For some it's like a dessert. Hell, I must move in the wrong circles 'cause I don't know ANYone that buys it as their regular daily-use coffee. Those folks live on top of the hill, far from me. I'm actually one of those Folger's people; but I like a good dessert now & then.

I miss my OGA 'friend' in Bogota; he used to send some nice care packages...
:boohoo

1stindoor 11-23-2020 14:58

As a self proclaimed coffee-snob...if you're into grinding your own, try Kimbo Prestige Espresso Beans. That's been my daily brew for several months now.

tonyz 11-23-2020 15:00

Some great suggestions regarding coffee posted on here.

Ill add my daily brew...Cafe Bustelo...espresso ground coffee. Walmart carries it cheap.

Brewed in one of these...practically indestructible in a normal household environment or even an office:

http://www.bialettiusa.com/products.html

Used a miniature version on a trangia alcohol stove camping years ago.

Now, I use a glass french press at home. Ahhhh, the aroma of espresso in the morning !

PedOncoDoc 11-23-2020 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyz (Post 664156)
Some great suggestions regarding coffee posted on here.

Ill add my daily brew...Cafe Bustelo...espresso ground coffee. Walmart carries it cheap.

Brewed in one of these...practically indestructible in a normal household environment or even an office:

http://www.bialettiusa.com/products.html

Used a miniature version on a trangia alcohol stove camping years ago.

Now, I use a glass french press at home. Ahhhh, the aroma of espresso in the morning !

I'm a fan of African and Indonesian single source beans - the darker the roast the better for me. I'm currently on a Tanzanian peaberry kick, but love my Sumatran as well. And I'm also a French press guy.

I drink the cheap stuff in large quantities in the hospital, but make the good stuff at home for myself, friends and family.